RE: time to download

Hi list

I'm the sole Cygwin user in my group, and this thread has touched a
nerve.

From: Warren Young [mailto:warren@etr-usa.com]
> "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" wrote:
> >
> > If you do download some minimal set though and you have any trouble
using
> > Cygwin, the first thing you should do is download and install the rest
of
> > the packages ...
>
> I suppose that's fine for the lucky folk behind a big pipe, but [...]
> it might be useful to have two vetted configurations, "minimal user"
> and "minimal developer",

I heartily second this motion. I'm using sitecopy [1] to maintain a
remote site, and would like to install it for a colleague. I'm compiling
sitecopy from source under Cygwin. However, my colleague would not take
kindly to the idea of a multi-megabyte install for the sake of running
an executable of less than a megabyte.

I do appreciate that the likelihood of this happening anytime soon is
not high ..

Regards,
--
Jean Jordaan   --    technical writer    --    Mosaic Software

[1] http://www.lyra.org/sitecopy/