RE: etags - why changes incompatible with Emacs use (doesn't list all files)?

> From: Daniel Barclay [mailto:Daniel.Barclay@digitalfocus.com]

> Does anyone know why the Cygwin version (or the original version) of
> etags doesn't support --append in etags (-e) mode and doesn't
> list all
> files anymore (relative to Emacs' etags executable)?
 Although I've used emacs for over 10 years, I don't use etags so I'm not
really sure how it's supposed to work.  I'm not sure why you need a cygwin
version if you're not using a cygwin emacs but I'm sure you have your
reasons.
 Anyway, it appears that the etags.exe which comes with cygwin xemacs does
what you want.  The XEmacs folks have stolen the Cygwin setup and applied it
to their latest windows distribution.  If you don't want to try XEmacs on
you should just download the cygwin xemacs package from www.xemacs.org
(still over 6 megs since it includes all of etc, info, and basic lisp
packages)