RCP used non-interactively through RSH

Hi

In trying to fix a perl script I noticed that what was breaking it was a
system call to

      rsh billybob "rcp /usr/spi/dobrin/peter1.sgi   /temp/."

This works fine between our SGI machines but on the cygwin boxes I either
get nothing (on 1.1.6 or before) or, on the 1.1.8 version I get

rcp: shell/tcp : unknown service

if I rsh (rlogin) to the cygwin box interactively,  rcp works fine.
Everything else seems to work just fine too,

I'm I doing something wrong or is this a known issue?

Thanks,
Bruce Dobrin
Senior Systems Engineer
System Research and Development
Sony Pictures Imageworks
310-840-8412

" For every complex problem, there is a solution which is simple, neat, and
wrong. "

-H.L. Menken