Re: sshd on NT

Bret Jordan wrote:

> >This answer doesn't fit.  All I want is to be able to use the ssh
> >daemon.  "What else is required" is an appropriate question.  Perhaps a
> >modification for the setup.hint files could be to list the dependencies
> >so that when someone selects only the foo package it will also install
> >the bar package.  All packages are dependent on the cygwin package so
> >that would be an automagical dependency.
>
> I would love to see something like this.
> Bret

Hi Bret,

I was mainly thinking out loud with a good idea.  And currently I don't
have to look at implementing this (in the midst of a job change).  I
would like to see this implemented as well.  Could you kindly get the
cvs source (see http://cygwin.com/cvs.html) and look at the source in
winsup/cinstall and see if you could implement something like this?  It
would need to be the setup.hint file as the maintainer of the package
would need to be able to specify the dependencies.  Note, you would not
set up each setup.hint file, that would be left to the package
maintainer.

Thank-you for your help,
Earnie.