Re: A question for Corinna

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 08:47:07PM -0600, Matthew Smith wrote:
> Hi:
>
>     This question is addressed specifically to Corinna.  I would like to
> maintain zsh for the cygwin project, and was wondering what kind of
> text/binary issues I'll have to deal with.  I downloaded the source for tcsh
> (I thought perhaps tcsh would be a better 'case study' - I'd wager it hasn't
> been as mutated as bash).  I didn't see any readme/patches in regards to
> cygwin though.  Can you send me your cygwin patches for tcsh?  Thanks very
> much for your time.

If you have downloaded the tcsh sources from cygwin/contrib/tcsh,
you have the changes incorporated. There's no hint to Cygwin itself
but you will find many places with sth. like

	#ifdef O_TEXT
	  setmode (fd, O_TEXT);
	#endif

or the same for O_BINARY.

Roughly spoken the bin/textmode patch is doing usually the same
in all shells:

O_TEXT mode for:
	- stdin
	- script files