From: "Blythe.Stephen" <Stephen.Blythe@IGT.com>
<cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2001 9:52 AM
Subject: RE: Problems building gcc-2.95.2

> > 1st question:  if you are trying to build from the standard
> > source, rather
> > than the one from the cygwin mirror directories, why?
>
> Oh, I'm building from the standard source.  Is there a problem with doing
> this?  Has the cygwin source branched off from the standard source?

The cygwin source has several patches applied to make it consistent with the
current cygwin, as well as to make a number of options such as building
.dll's work.  My only reason for using the standard version is in order to
test gcc-2.95.3, which has some useful improvements.  I don't expect to get
a fully cygwin-functional build out of this, but I do expect a good basic
gcc and g77.  When I am done, I will update my page again at
members.aol.com/n8tm/cygwingccg77.htm