RE: Minimal install

At 02:45 PM 2/19/2001, Darius.Clynes@cec.eu.int wrote:

>Do I have to watch out for windows nt or windows 2000 registry entries?
>If so, what are the minimal requirements, ie mounts etc.

Not unless your program requires "/" mounted as something other than "c:"
and text mode file access.  TMP/TEMP may need to be set to some existing
directory however.  All this can be controlled by your program though if
you need something special.  Or, it can be done externally by some script.

>Is there a  "super" minimal option in the standard
>cygwin installation that does take care of registry entries, etc
>if necessary and just puts the:
>
>Cygwin1.dll (+sources to satisfy the GPL).
>
>in the right place and adds the appropriate registry entries?

No but if you run setup and choose the Cygwin package, that' close.  You
still have to choose things but if you use the defaults then the selections
should be minimal.