Re: sleep, fstat problems with -mno-cygwin

Joel wrote:

> But I have a problem with sleep because cygwin sleep() wants seconds
> but mno-cygwin sleep() wants milliseconds (To match WIN32 Sleep?)
> This seems wrong.

No, it's not wrong.

> Is this a bug?

No, it's a MS feature.

I did find something interesting in a config-win32.h file from MySQL.
They define sleep as
  #define sleep(A) Sleep((A)*1000)
which you could do in your source as well.  Note the function name is
actually _sleep() not sleep().  The lib[cm]oldname.a file depending on
whether you're using CRTDLL or MSVCRT is what allows sleep to work but
it is no longer defined.  As a result I'll schedule it's removal from
moldname as well.

Earnie.

P.S.: This really belongs on the mingw-users list so I've CCed that list
and set the Reply-to to that list.