Re: req/suggestion: giftrans

On 25 Feb 2001, an entity purporting to be Corinna Vinschen
[Corinna Vinschen <cygwin@cygwin.com>] wrote [regarding Re: req/suggestion: giftrans]

> I have another suggestion. Why don't you try to port it? Let's guess.
> You're not bored enough...

Bingo! (lol). That's quite right.

I just finished a weekend of work on a CGI script written in Perl (Free
Software license) that lets those souls (they know who we .. er, they, are)
who do not have shell access on their W3 server, still install Perl modules at
the user level (to their own private dir, and without being root) using just
FTP and the CGI application. Lots of work.

    best,
      soren {he is a better Perl programmer than he is a C hacker ...}
-
"Everything that I've learned about computers at MIT I have boiled down into three principles:
 - Unix: You think it won't work, but if you find the right wizard, he can make it work.
 - Macintosh: You think it will work, but it won't.
 - PC/Windows: You think it won't work, and it won't."
                        -- Philip Greenspun