Re: The semi-open development model

In a !cygwin mailing-list letter entitled "The semi-open development
model", Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote

>This is definitely not the place for this kind of discussion.  I fail to
>see how it applies to "Cygwin" (note the spelling) at all.
>
>I would appreciate it if any interested parties would take this up in
>private email or in some other forum.
>
>Thank you.
>Christopher Faylor
>Cygwin Engineering Manager
>Red Hat, Inc.
>(not one of the instant millionaires)

Dear All,

    The  USSR  is  gone.  But that hasn't saved a thing.  America is now
destroying itself and with it, the whole world.  Everyone is in a  state
of denial.

    The outgoing US president stole every last thing that wasn't screwed
down  on  his  last  voyage  in  Air  Force  One  (everything  with  the
presidential  seal  was  especially game.)  The current US president has
already  dutifully  installed  Monsanto  operatives  in  the   important
advisory  government  posts;  anything  to  do  with  the  regulation of
agriculture, environment, or business.  The patent system  is  now  pure
evil.   The  American  dream  is  dead.   It's a nightmare that everyone
denies.

    "In Germany, the Nazis came for the Communists and I didn't speak up
because I was not a Communist.  Then they came for the Jews and I didn't
speak up because I was  not  a  Jew.   Then  they  came  for  the  trade
unionists  and  I  didn't  speak  up because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics and I was  a  Protestant  so  I  didn't
speak  up.   Then  they came for me...  By that time there was no one to
speak up for anyone."
                                            Martin Niemoller (1892-1984)

    We  are  all  going to have to discover what "Life, Liberty, and the
pursuit of Happiness" really means, one way or the other.

    Goodbye, and Good Luck.

With kind regards,

Sandy
--
Alexander Anderson

mailto :     lists  at  almide period demon period co dot uk
bud-nav:     http://www.explosive-alma-services-bolts.co.uk/
pgp-sig:  1B5A DF3D A3D9 B932 39EB  3F1B 981F 4110 27E1 64A4