Re: Memory problem

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 08:15:23PM +0100, Peter Boncz wrote:
>Christopher,
>
>Some applications like to make use of so-called "anonymous virtual memory"
>for allocating (huge) chunks of memory outside the malloc heap. In unix this
>functionality is usually available through mmap()-ing on the special file
>/dev/null or thourgh a special mmap() flag. In my application, I abstract
>this functionality is a small system-specific library that in my cygnus port
>actually directly uses VirtualAlloc().
>
>sorry for that.

I don't think this has any bearing whatsoever on what the user was doing.
He didn't mention that he was using any Windows functions.  I think that
it is likely that my pointer to "heap_chunk_in_mb" will probably solve
his problem if this actually turns out to be an out-of-memory condition.

If this is just a simple Windows program, however, maybe he should contact
the mingw list.

cgf