RE: Can't build Make from source because Windows header filesmoved to /usr/include/w32api?

> My point is very simple.  The main point of configure is that
> "configure; make" should work without the person running it needing to
> do any additional configuration.  If the person running it needs to do
> additional configuration, then the configure script needs to be
> updated somehow.  That's all there is to it.  All I'm asking is, is
> the fact that "-mwin32" is now required and wasn't before going to be
> reflected in autoconf and in the configure scripts used to compile the
> various packages that compile under Cygwin?
  Yes, I think it will, someday. When somebody gets around to it. Preferably
someone with experience submitting patches to configure scripts.
 Note, however:
  1) This has only become a problem recently with a change to gcc
  2) A working binary is distributed
  3) Most people likely to need to rebuild make are likely to be untroubled
     by this small problem.