Re: Bug. cygwin 1.1.8; cvs 1.11; Doesn't work with Novell 5.1

Neil Erskine wrote:

> I cannot run the cvs init command when specifying a Novell 5.1 location for
> the repository.  I have complete rights to the directory in question
> (including admin rights).  Is there some way to work around this while still
> keeping the repository on the Novell server?  OS is Windows 2000, SP 1.
>
> bash-2.04$ cvs -d /cygdrive/h/tmp init
> cvs init: cannot rename .#1264 to modules: Permission denied
> cvs init: cannot rename .#1265 to loginfo: Permission denied
> cvs init: cannot rename .#1266 to rcsinfo: Permission denied
> cvs init: cannot rename .#1267 to editinfo: Permission denied
> cvs init: cannot rename .#1268 to verifymsg: Permission denied
> cvs init: cannot rename .#1269 to commitinfo: Permission denied
> cvs init: cannot rename .#1270 to taginfo: Permission denied
> cvs init: cannot rename .#1272 to checkoutlist: Permission denied
> cvs init: cannot rename .#1273 to cvswrappers: Permission denied
> cvs init: cannot rename .#1274 to notify: Permission denied
> cvs init: cannot rename .#1277 to config: Permission denied

Hmm...this sort of problem was seen with cvs when the repository was on
an SMB share. The workaround for *that* case is to include the
'nosmbntsec' flag in your CYGWIN variable.  You could try that, as well
-- I do not know if (a) nosmbntsec will actually take effect on a Novell
server share, nor (b) if it takes effect, whether it will fix your
problem.

But give it a shot.

--Chuck