Re: Patch submission for AltGr handling

Hi, Corinna, :)

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> we just talked on cygwin-developers about your patch.
>
> Could you please resubmit a patch which doesn't introduce another
> CYGWIN option but instead uses automatic recognition of the current
> keyboard setting?

Can do. :)  Glad to know people thought it useful enough to go forward!

I've gone ahead and made the change, but I've run into a problem
during the build.  The link step fails with this error:

fhandler_console.o(.text+0x148d): undefined reference to `GetKeyboardLayout@4'

A little investigation showed that GetKeyboardLayout is exported in
libuser32.a.  The problem, then, is that the new_cygwin1.dll link
doesn't explicitly reference libuser32.a.  (As far as I can tell, it
only refernces libkernel32.a from the core Windows files.)

My hazy understanding of the build process is that the make file is
autogenerated by something else (configure?), which in itself is
autogenerated by something else (autoconf?).  Where should I patch in
all this magic to ensure that libuser32.a is included in the
new_cygwin1.dll link step?

Thanks for the help!

---Jason

P.S. - Just for my edification, why was the CYGWIN environment
variable option unkosher?