This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
problem with downloading and offline-viewing cygwin faq as one big html file and suggested solution
- To: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: problem with downloading and offline-viewing cygwin faq as one big html file and suggested solution
- From: Ed B Visser <edbvisse at flevonet dot nl>
- Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 12:47:25 +0100
- Reply-To: "edbvisser at bigfoot dot com" <edbvisser at bigfoot dot com>
hereby i offer an observation of a problem with cygwin faq "as one big html
file" and a
I downloaded the cygwin faq "as one big html file" and viewed it offline.
As i clicked on a section reference in the toc, my browser tried to open
the webpage on the internet and jump to referred section there. That is no
Of course i preffered my browser to stay offline and jump to the section in
the downloaded faq.htm itself.
I have changed the references in the toc in the downloaded faq.htm so that
my browser indeed stays offline.
If you also prefer your cygwin faq "as one big html file" to be able to
function for both on- and offline viewing,
i suggest to change the href entries accordingly:
replace all 'href="http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/faq/faq.html#' with
Ed B Visser
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple