Re: setup.exe ==> source directory mess (?)

> Did I do something wrong? I expected the source packages to be
> installed under /src or /usr/src -- I don't remember setup.exe
> asking me to explicitly choose a location for these packages.

This is the current default behavior.  The tarballs are untarred with
whatever directory structure they have, and the GNU default is to
untar into a foo-x.y/ subdirectory.

> If this is in fact the default behavior, it should be changed
> IMHO...tell me if I'm mistaken.

I'm not against it, but I don't have time to implement it.  You'd have
to special-case source tarballs in install.cc, and prefix /usr/src (or
whatever) on each path as it's converted.  It shouldn't be hard to do
if someone wants an easy intro project...