Re: cross compiler for Cygwin

At 02:47 PM 3/9/2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >Boy, today is the day for this question, isn't it?  Too bad we don't have
> >an FAQ for the "How do I make/where do I find the cross compiler for <X>?"
>
>I wonder where people are getting the idea that Cygwin naturally handles
>cross compilation.  This is a rather odd idea and I don't see any hint
>of this in any of our documentation.
>
>I wonder if there is a web site somewhere making this claim in some vague
>manner.

Maybe people are misreading the "What is is?" in the FAQ and thinking that
Cygwin supports porting of UNIX programs to any platform.  I kind of doubt
that's the case though, since I don't get the impression that most of the
folks querying about this have poked around the site much.  My guess is its
a result of rumor and innuendo.  If so, that should be easy to stop!;-)