DSO/DLL Apache Using Cygwin

Hi,
    I am trying to compile a dll/dso version of Apache
so that I can dynamically load some mod_*. The version
I am using s 1.3.14. But when I was trying to generate

the libhttpd.dll, I saw the following error:
     Cannot export _bss_end__: symbol not defined
     Cannot export _bss_start__: symbol not defined
     Cannot export _data_end__: symbol not defined
     Cannot export _data_start__: symbol not defined
     collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Anybody any has any idea why this is happening and how
to get around this? I was able to create a non-dll
version and it works fine.
    Thank you very much in advance. Any help is
greatly appreciated.

Hershal

PS: the compiling statement that causes the error is
gcc -shared -o libhttpd.dll buildmark.o modules.o
modules/standard/libstandard.a main/libmain.a
./os/unix/libos.a ap/libap.a regex/libregex.a
lib/expat-lite/libexpat.a -lcrypt