De : Egor Duda [mailto:deo@logos-m.ru]
Envoyé : mardi 13 mars 2001 15:32
À : Kalkoul Morad
Cc : cygwin@cygwin.com
Objet : Re: problem in telnet session

Hi!

Tuesday, 13 March, 2001 Kalkoul Morad M-Kalkoul@arte-tv.com wrote:

KM> I did it:
>>i  believe  this is due to some net.exe "feature". it seems that if it
>>runs  out  of  console  window, it creates new console and outputs
>>everything  there.  it's  can easily seen by setting "Allow Service to
>>interact   with   desktop"   for  inetd  service. when you run in your
>>telnet  or ssh session 'net start some_big_service' you'll see console
>>window with net.exe output popping up on your desktop.

KM> but it doesn't work, have you another idea?

what  exactly  doesn't  work?  before-mentioned  procedure?
probably  i  didn't  make myself clear enough, but if you suppose that
setting  "Allow  Service to interact with desktop" will make net start
displaying  output in your telnet session then you're wrong. it won't.
the  sole  purpose  of  this  procedure  is  to _illustrate_ where the
problem   is.   To  _solve_  the  problem, you should either apply the
patch yourself or wait for updated inetutils package.

KM> the  following simple patch to inetd solved this problem for me.
Corinna,