Re: problem in telnet session

>>>>> "Corinna" == Corinna Vinschen <cygwin@c...> writes:

 Corinna> On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 10:20:08AM -0800, Rui-Tao Dong
 Corinna> wrote:

 >> # net stop inetd
 >>
 >> replaced inetd and then
 >>
 >> # net start inetd
 >>
 >> a dos window pops up.  If I kill the window, inetd dies.  Anything
 >> wrong with my setup? cygcheck results attached below.

 Corinna> Did you check the "Allow service to interact with desktop"
 Corinna> setting in the service control panel as Egor suggested
 Corinna> yesterday just for testing purposes? Uncheck it.

Well, I have a strange setting.  I want to interact with the desktop.
I am sitting in front of an NT box and using vncviewer to connect to
Xvnc running on a Linux machine.  The nice thing about this setting is
that if the NT box crashes (which happens every a couple of hours when
I am playing with vision hardwares), it doesn't kill my XEmacs along
with other stuff.

I use M-x remote-compile to compile programs.  (Basically
ssh NTBOX "cd $PWD; exec nmake -k" )

I want to get stdout (stderr if it applies) into my XEmacs buffer and
still see standard window's popup (some error messages insist to pop
up.)

I was thinking that if I could get

  start.dwFlags = STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW;
  start.wShowWindow = SW_HIDE;

into LPSTARTUPINFO before inetd forks the first client, everything
should be OK.  However, I can't find an obvious place to insert the
code.

--

Regards,

			Rui-Tao (x31679)