Re: Odd ssh2 problem

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 01:48:12PM -0600, CyberZombie wrote:
> > I ran into this one awhile ago...I don't see it in
> > /usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh-2.5.1p2.README.  The problem is that $HOME isn't
>
> Hmm. You're right. It's not in the README. Actually it's even never
> mentioned in the man pages. I will add it to the README in the next
> version.

Actually, I have found (as mentioned by DJ) that the ssh client ignore
$HOME and looks at the passwd file.  Ran into this exact problem
yesterday.  $HOME was set correctly, but the passwd file was botched.
Maybe it looks at both?

BTW: I had a couple of people in my office do a fresh installation of
cygwin and found that it creates passwd file entries for every NT
account except the one currently logged in.  Hence, they ran into the
ssh problem.  Is this correct behavior of the initial passwd file
creation?

Cygwin is great.  Thanks for the hard work.

wilson