Re: Odd ssh2 problem

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 09:03:57AM -0500, Wilson Farrell wrote:

> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 01:48:12PM -0600, CyberZombie wrote:
> > > I ran into this one awhile ago...I don't see it in
> > > /usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh-2.5.1p2.README.  The problem is that $HOME isn't
> >
> > Hmm. You're right. It's not in the README. Actually it's even never
> > mentioned in the man pages. I will add it to the README in the next
> > version.
>
> Actually, I have found (as mentioned by DJ) that the ssh client ignore
> $HOME and looks at the passwd file.  Ran into this exact problem
> yesterday.  $HOME was set correctly, but the passwd file was botched.
> Maybe it looks at both?
>
> BTW: I had a couple of people in my office do a fresh installation of
> cygwin and found that it creates passwd file entries for every NT
> account except the one currently logged in.  Hence, they ran into the
> ssh problem.  Is this correct behavior of the initial passwd file
> creation?

Naa. It connects to the NT user database using official NT calls
without any interest who's actually running it. The list should
reflect the local user database. The only thing I can think of
is that your users are domain users while mkpasswd is called
with option -l which only dumps the local users. The domain users
have to be retrieved by using mkpasswd -d domain.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.