Re: Problem with scanw() in ncurses

Known problem; no known explanation.  I think there's a note in the
release announcement that the test program
(/usr/bin/ncurses-test-dll/testscanw.exe) doesn't work; check
cygwin-announce archives.  This problem is not dll-related, because the
statically-linked version (/usr/bin/ncurses-test-stat/testscanw.exe)
also does not work.

Debug results and patches gratefully and gleefully accepted.

--Chuck
cygwin ncurses maintainer

Dan Levin wrote:

> Hello everybody !
>
> I downloaded Cygwin yesterday and was delighted to find ncurses included
> ! I started a test with a bigger program that I originally wrote for
> Linux. It worked out fine - except for one thing. I could not read
> integers from the keyboard with 'scanw()' ! I was rather surprised, so I
> made a small test program that focuses on  function 'scanw()' in
> ncurses. This is how it looks:

[code]