RE: How to make Ghostscript 5.50 using native windows GUI

Norman Vine wrote:

>Kevin Wright wrote:
>>
>>I've tried with no luck to build a version of Ghostscript
>>under cygwin that uses the native windows GUI.
>
>I wonder if the mini-xlib built on top of Win32 code
>that rxvt uses would suffice for ghostscript too ?
>
>code at http://www.io.com/~bub/rxvt.html

Update:
I have managed to get a console only debug version of ghostscript
compiled with the 200103016 DLL  :-))

AFPL Ghostscript 6.50 (2000-12-02)

Input formats: PostScript PostScriptLevel1 PostScriptLevel2 PDF
Available devices:
   deskjet djet500 laserjet ljetplus ljet2p ljet3 ljet3d ljet4 ljet4d
   lj5mono lj5gray cdeskjet cdjcolor cdjmono cdj550 pj pjxl pjxl300 uniprint
   bj10e bj200 bjc600 bjc800 faxg3 faxg32d faxg4 pcxmono pcxgray pcx16
   pcx256 pcx24b pcxcmyk pbm pbmraw pgm pgmraw pgnm pgnmraw pnm pnmraw ppm
   ppmraw pkm pkmraw pksm pksmraw tiffcrle tiffg3 tiffg32d tiffg4 tifflzw
   tiffpack tiff12nc tiff24nc psmono psgray psrgb bit bitrgb bitcmyk jpeg
   jpeggray pdfwrite bbox pswrite epswrite pxlmono pxlcolor cljet5 cljet5c
   nullpage

I have only gotten this to work with the non-threaded drivers
Can anyone help me with the function marked with
!!!!!!!! below

I will write up a howto within a few days

Cheers

Norman Vine

int
gp_create_thread(gp_thread_creation_callback_t proc, void *proc_data)
{
    gp_thread_creation_closure_t *closure =
	(gp_thread_creation_closure_t *)malloc(sizeof(*closure));
    pthread_t ignore_thread;
    pthread_attr_t attr;
    int code;

    if (!closure)
	return_error(gs_error_VMerror);
    closure->proc = proc;
    closure->proc_data = proc_data;
    pthread_attr_init(&attr);

!!!!!!!!!
    pthread_attr_setdetachstate(&attr, PTHREAD_CREATE_DETACHED);
!!!!!!!!!
    code = pthread_create(&ignore_thread, &attr, gp_thread_begin_wrapper,
			  closure);
    if (code) {
	free(closure);
	return_error(gs_error_ioerror);