Re: Does gzip support multiple processors under windows 2000?

/ Ilan Rabinovitch <Ilan.Rabinovitch@dig.com> wrote:
| Im trying to compress 1 large file.  Im work with machines that have 4 procs
| and I figured if I could get gzip to take advantage of smp it might compress
| these files faster.
|
| Ilan

Split the file into four parts and run them through 1 gzip each.. :-)

Hack a program that reads from 4 places in that file and pipes the
contents to four gzips..

Or do a program that can gzip from a certain position in a file to an
end..

*hmm* The possibilities are endless :-)

        /Andy