Re: GNU Make error: "couldn't send signal 20"

Sid Ray Chaudhuri wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I have created a recursive build package for my colleagues using GNU
> Make. One of the users has reported the following error today, which I
> am reproducing in its entirety with an explanation of what each line
> means. The error went away, pretty much by itself when the user
> re-issued the make command again.
>
> I am also attaching herewith the cygcheck.out file that contains the
> output of the cygcheck program run on the said user's machine. Thanks
> in advance for any insight (and possible remedy) that you may provide.

1) Try a http://cygwin.com/snapshots/  This may be a race condition that
has since been resolved.
2) Don't use the .com filetype.  The supposition is that the .com
filetype is considered to be an executable file by the Win32 OS and
perhaps a conflict.

Earnie.