Re: How to (dynamically) control Unix/Dos PATH-like variable translation

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 07:49:15PM -0400, Jan Vicherek wrote:
>On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>Would it be useful?  Since this is the first time that I can recall
>>that anyone has asked for this, I think it would be only marginally
>>useful.
>
>Please see my post as of cca 2hrs ago in this same thread.

You seem to be asking for accomodations in Cygwin to handler programs
that are not built with Cygwin.  That really isn't the goal of Cygwin.

However, as I said, provide a patch.  I'll evalutate it.

FWIW, I will *not* accept a patch which "automatically" translates
command line arguments.  I think that is a remarkably bad idea.

cgf