RE: CGI & gcc

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Greg Hamilton [mailto:Hamilton@bblfm.com.au]
> Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 11:30 AM
> To: Neil Lunn
> Subject: RE: CGI & gcc

My guess right now says that your *example* is not returning header
information.

ie

$ ./hello

<head>
</head>
Hello Word

> >The system path and not the user path I hope. Have you restarted the
> >computer? You need to do this to pick up this change.
> Yes
>
> >Where I presume you have a /cgi-bin that is execute only and
> the execute
> >permissions are set on your cgi executable.
> huh ?
>
> >Is apache built for Cygwin or is it a native Win32 build?
> Where did you get
> >it from?
> I'm using a native Win32 buid of Apache.
> Originally all my scripts were in Python and I had no need
> for Cygwin but
> I've run into something I can't do in Python that's a
> no-brainer in C. I
> don't have a C compiler handy so I downloaded Cygwin to get GCC.
>
> Here's the thing. I've assumed that a GCC compiled .exe file
> will run on any
> Windows system provided that the Cygwin dll is available. ie.
> that it is not
> necessary to have a full install of Cygwin on the machine running the
> program. Is this an incorrect assumption ?

Please Note :
Only  the intended recipient is authorised to access or use this e-mail.  If
you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this e-mail and notify the sender immediately.   The contents
of this e-mail are the writer's
opinion and are not necessarily endorsed by the Gunz Companies unless
expressly stated.

We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or
similar in any attachment.