When will cygwin ever be stable?

Don't get me wrong - I love cygwin and think Chris and co have done a
marvellous jobs, but as a user who simply wants cygwin to work well I have
never installed a version that actually has all the signifcant bugs
squashed. Each time I install, something might be fixed but something else
breaks. For instance C-c - using C-c in cygwin is completely fundamental to
its usability and yet it has been fairly broken in the last two versions I
have installed (1.1.8-2 and 1.3.1); the headers change the whole time so
that trying to maintain anything that builds under cygwin is a complete
nightmare. I could go on, but the point is that all of these features have
worked at one time or other, but there doesn't seem to ever be a release
that squashes them all. Am I hoping in vain?

Yours frustratedly,

andy