Re: Command line parsing in Cygwin 1.3.1

At 09:00 AM 5/4/2001, Andreas Ames wrote:
>5) You may think that my postings on this topic are a little rude.  I
>    must admit you're right.  This is not the usual way for me to
>    interact with other human beings.  But after reading the list since
>    some weeks i learned that this rude kind of posting is exactly what
>    is common here, esp. when it comes to answers from some high
>    frequency posters.  When i am in a new place i like to adapt myself
>    to this environment in the beginning.  I hope you like my way of being
>    polite :-B.

I think its a shame you take this approach.  Email, like any other written
form, can be notably obscure when it comes to conveying the author's emotional
state.  Ambiguities in this area are often filled in by the reader based on
their emotional state at the time the message is read.  Its simply human
nature.  Still, one needs to be careful not to read too much into a response,
especially in these ambiguous areas.  Its better if we all *assume* that the
author's intent was to help and instruct in the absence of clear indication
otherwise.  This will aid in keeping the list focused, productive, and as
helpful as possible.

Oops!  I guess I was soapboxing!;-)