Re: [ cron/crontab ] someone using cron on cygwin?

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 05:14:04PM +0200, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

>     Corinna> On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 02:38:47AM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>     >> Dear Corinna,
>     >>
>     >> $ crontab
>     >> crontab: can't obtain passwd entry.
>
>     Corinna> You don't have a /etc/passwd entry for your user account.
>     Corinna> crontab tries to get your passwd entry by calling
>
>     Corinna> 	struct passwd *pw = getpwuid (geteuid ());
>
>     Corinna> So check your user id (/bin/id) and add an entry for your
>     Corinna> user id to /etc/passwd. Or, even better, call mkpasswd to
>     Corinna> recreate /etc/passwd.
>
> Corinna I get the following error when using your crontab:
>
> vzell@VZELL /tmp
> [502]> crontab
> You must enter your Windows password.
> Otherwise, your crontab entries can't be executed.
> Password:
> crontab: Unrecoverable error 2245.

That's funny. Did you check error 2245?

"The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the
 minimum password length, password complexity andpassword history
 requirements."

The problem is that crontab validates the password you've entered by
calling `NetUserChangePassword'. It tries to change your password
from the password you've entered to the same password. For some
reason your password doesn't actually meet some policy which is
valid on your system. If you don't want that check you'll have to
rebuild crontab.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.