Re: [ cron/crontab ] someone using cron on cygwin?

[Disclaimer: I'm no cygwin expert so some of this may be innaccurate]

    Gerrit> Dear Corinna, $ crontab crontab: can't obtain passwd
    Gerrit> entry.

Possibly because your /etc/passwd doesn't exist or has no entry for
the user you are logged in as.

    Gerrit> I don't know how to use crontab.

It depends upon the cron daemon which I don't believe is standard with
cygwin (but I meybe wrong). I suggest you search the archives for cron
to gain more info.

    Gerrit> Is it possible to create a crontabfile manually?  How is
    Gerrit> the syntax?

man 5 crontab describes the crontab format. man 1 crontab describes
how to install your crontab in the system so that cron will use it. Again this is for a Unix system, for cygwin, check the archives.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Your mouse has moved.