RE: how do you complile OpenGL files?

Nam H Kim writes:

>currently I am using Cygwin for my most of c works..
>but I got an OpenGl project so I downloaded the OpenGl sources through
>the setup program a week ago.
>
>but still I can't figure out how to compile my OpenGl files..
>
>could you tell me how to do it??

Make sure you
#include <windows.h>
before #including any of
<GL/gl.h> <GL/glu.h> or <GL/glut.h>

and compile using the -mwin32 compiler flag

also see

If you are still having problems
you could check out how PLib works
http://plib.sourceforge.net

FYI
PLib is an OpenSource OpenGL based cross platform
 < Unix, Windows, Mac, Irix >
"Game" Library that includes amongst other things

PUI  - Portable User Interface
FNT - Font package
SG  -  Simple Geometry
SSG - Performer inspired Simple SceneGraph

FWIW
I am part of the PLib development team and insure that it
always works 'OTB' with Cygwin

I recomend getting the current source from CVS
as there have been many improvements since the
last 'official' release.

Cheers

Norman VIne