Problem running sshd as service under firedaemon

I recently installed sshd directly as a service on my NT machine using
Firedaemon (I had previously been running sshd under inetd). It runs fine,
except for one thing. Running under inetd, I used to see various entries in
the NT event log telling me who was tryng to log on etc. Running under
Firedaemon, the only events I now see logged in the event log tell me
"Firedaemon service started" or something similar. No more messages telling
me who just logged on.

What's worse, and very odd, is that even if I stop the firedaemon service
and start inetd again, so sshd is running under inetd (and it really is - I
checked) the event log STILL shows these rather uninformative messages.

Worst of all: I just uninstalled the sshd service completely and ran sshd
under inetd. Now I get messages in the event log, but when I click on them
an error box pops up telling me "Event Viewer: The system cannot find the
file specified". Somehow, using firedaemon has permanently changed the way
sshd event logging happens. How can I get it to go back to its original
status?

Richard Stanton