Re: Setup errors in gmp-3.1.1 under cygwin-1.3.1-1

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 09:04:04AM -0500, laszlo.hars@philips.com wrote:
>I have only one version of the cygwin1.dll coming from the distribution
>1.3.1-1.  Is it the latest?  Some more info about the problem: - if I
>close and restart cygwin it fails at the same point.  - if I reboot the
>PC and start cygwin again the make goes further.  A couple of hours
>later it runs out of the resources again with similar error messages.
>- at the end of the make the gcc linker is called.  The command is
>about 8 lines long.  This crashes not only cygwin, but Windows 98, too.
>So badly that I have to switch the PC off, wait 5 minutes before I can
>restart it.
>
>I guess that from some windows resources not enough are allocated or
>they are not freed correctly after their usage.  Is there a way to
>control the resource allocation?

No idea.  Sorry.  Your problem is unfamiliar to me.  It would take
a large amount of debugging to track down.  Since I have never seen
it, I won't be able to fix it.  If you can provide a *simple* test
case, I'll be happy to track it down.  I'm not interested in trying
to build gmp, though.

cgf