Windows-native "child processes" briefly open new console window

Dear Cygwin users,

I have a problem with "Cygwin latest" which I just downloaded and
installed under Windows NT4 SP6. I have used earlier, but quite recent,
versions of Cygwin for the exact situation up until today without
having the same problem.

The problem is that when I invoke a Windows-native cross-compilation
version of 'gcc' (called 'ccarm' and included in VxWorks/Tornado) a
Cygwin console window briefly flashes by on the screen for each of
gcc's child processes (cpp.exe, cc1.exe, etc).

This is very annoying and also slows down the compilation process, does
anyone know what is causing this and how I can avoid having the windows
being opened?

/Henrik

PS. Back in 1999, there was a similar question about this on this list,
but the answer provided then seemed to assume that you could recompile
the program causing the problem with the -mwindows switch if I
understood the answer correctly. This is not an option for me since I
only have the program in binary form.

- --
Henrik Bergstrom  +46-8-628 28 28  henrik.bergstrom@intertex.se
Intertex Data AB  (fax) 628 64 14