AW: AW: UNIX-socket problems under cygwin 1.3.2 -addon

> Von: cygwin-owner@sources.redhat.com
> [mailto:cygwin-owner@sources.redhat.com]Im Auftrag von Earnie Boyd
> Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2001 16:44
> An: Ralf Habacker
> Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
> Betreff: Re: AW: UNIX-socket problems under cygwin 1.3.2 -addon
>
> Ralf Habacker wrote:
> >

> > > Sure, some additional information in this case would be the lines of
> > > code in question.  There is no need to speculate on the behavior of
> > > strace when you have the ability to read the source code.
> >
> > Reading the code and understanding it is not the same. My main
> task is to
> > port kde and I don't have very deep knowledge about the socket stuff in
> > cygwin. I have looked in cygwin and strace, but it's heavy. :-)
> >

> Heavy only when you don't want to handle the task.  Yes it may take time
> to understand but wanting to take that time is different from the
> understanding.
>
> > One question: How are you debbuging dll's ?
>
> Chris already answered that question, use gdb.
>
> > Second Question: How do you debug an error in cygwin1.dll which
> will only be
> > existant, when !strace && !debbuging ?
> >

> You assume the error to be Cygwin's in this case?!?  I would first look
> for uninitialized pointers to memory in your own code.  This is the
> usual cause for this type of condition.

Okay, that might be, but when I use cygwin 1.1.8 with the same code there
isn't any error.
I have checked this with a little application with a little dll printing
something and have the same result.

So my next question is, if there are some changes in dll initialisation. I'm
using this below

By the way: I like cygwin and think that all people working on it have done
a great work.

Ralf

-
#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
#include <windows.h>
#undef WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
#include <stdio.h>

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif
BOOL APIENTRY DllMain (HINSTANCE hInst, DWORD reason, LPVOID reserved);

#include <cygwin/cygwin_dll.h>
DECLARE_CYGWIN_DLL( DllMain );
HINSTANCE __hDllInstance_base;
#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif
BOOL APIENTRY
DllMain (HINSTANCE hInst, DWORD reason, LPVOID reserved)
{
  __hDllInstance_base = hInst;
  return TRUE;
}