Colors mess up terminal

Hi cygwin gang,

I'm running pine through ssh on cygwin. All TERMs are
set to cygwin.

When pine's set up to display color, the display
messes up... lines appear on the wrong part of the
screen, duplicate, portions of pine's help at the
bottom get scrambled, etc.

Is this a potential cygwin problem or does it only
have to do with my terminal?  If I run pine w/ color
on linux from rxvt, its fine.

I'm running cygwin on an Win2K box, using cmd.exe
(which reminds me, is there a good replacement for
cmd.exe?).

Thanks much,

Greg Bell

=====