Accessing Cygwin API calls from a native Windows app

Hi!

Is it at all possible to call a Cygwin API function from a native Windows
application? I know that you can't simultaneously link with MSVCRT and
cygwin1.dll at the same time, but I was think rather along the lines of
calling LoadLibrary() on cygwin1.dll and then doing GetProcAddress() on
the API entry point.

I managed to get as far as successfully calling GetProcAddres(), but when
calling the function in question (cygwin_conv_to_win32_path, just for
starters), the program crashed. Something is probably not initialized
correctly.

The reason I'm trying to do this is that I'm trying to get a native
windows application to interoperate smoothly with a Cygwin environment (if
one exists, of course). One important aspect of this is the ability of
understanding Cygwin-style links and mount points.

Any thoughts?

[please cc me on any reply, since I am not a subscriber to the list]

/Jesper