Re: Cygwin slow downs in WinME

----- Original Message -----
From: "Travis Howell" <kirben@optushome.com.au>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 7:13 PM
Subject: Cygwin slow downs in WinME

> Has there been any progress on the Windows ME slow downs problem often
> caused when compiling programs through Cygwin ? Cygwin often slows the
whole
> system down, especially sound (It stutters) and a few times has slowed
it
> down so much that the clock loses small amounts of time!
> I have read a few similar messages about this problem on mailing list
but no
> one has offered any work around or solution other than switching to
Windows
> NT/2000.

There's a _very_ simple reason for that:

To the best of my knowledge none of the core developers [those who hack
the .dll code routinely] have Windows ME machines.

No machine, no ability to reproduce.

No reproduce, no fix :].

Your options:
* Debug it yourself. (there are many explanatory emails on how to build
&& install a debug cygwin).
* Debug && Fix it yourself (We will help to some extent - and there are
many explanatory emails on how to configure && edit the cygwin source in
the 3 relevant email lists)
* Lend || Donate a machine with WinME to a core developer for however
long needed for them to identify and fix the problem. (I live in Sydney
BTW).
* Wait.

Rob