Re: GNU/Ghostscript651 on CTAN

For whatever reason, it looks like CTAN jumped the gun (but only by a
few hours).  I checked the official ghostscript site and couldn't find a
*GNU* version of 6.51 yesterday.

But...

today, the official ghostscript site DOES contain a GNU version of 6.51
(dated Jun 6, 2001):

ftp://mirror.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/ghost/gnu/gs651/

I believe an interested party *could* in fact, provide a nice
cygwin-ized package of this new gs without any licensing problems.  This
would be a Good Thing(tm) since 6.51 has LOTS of improvements w.r.t. pdf
generation and <selfish desire>will work better with MikTeX</selfish
desire>.

Who is the maintainer of the current cygwin ghostscript-5.50 package?

--Chuck