Re: Cygwin1.dll

At 04:02 AM 6/8/2001, Andrew Markebo wrote:
>DON'T put cygwin1.dll into windows&/system.
>
>cygwin1.dll needs to be in a subdir mantioned in the PATH-variable,
>normally the cygwin.bat (c:\cygwin\cygwin.bat) sets this.
>
>Instead of copying cygwin1.dll into windows/system, set the path to
>point to c:/cygwin/bin.

Instead of doing that, go to www.cygwin.com and click on "Install Now",
perhaps trying a different mirror than the last time.  The rule is, if
you install Cygwin and it doesn't work, your install failed.  Run
setup.exe and see if it resolves the issue.  Generally, setup failures
result from things like network or mirror problems.  Trying again (later?)
and using a different mirror is usually the fastest, easiest, and best
solution.  This is all in the FAQ by the way ... a very fine piece of
documentation! :-)

>p.s. Is this a misuse or a bug in the installation?

Misuse clearly.