This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Text mode problem
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: Text mode problem
- From: "Andrew Goldstein" <agoldstein at coreenetworks dot com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 13:36:47 -0400
I have recently installed cygwin on Win 2000 and I am having problem
driving me crazy.
When I view text files on my NTFS drive (not under cygwin dir) they all
appear as though UNIX like with ^M at the end of all lines. If I
stdout to a file, whether it is in cygwin dir or NTFS drive, and then
it with vi the same thing.
I have already tried
1) uninstall and reinstall mulitple times, with UNIX mode and DOS mode
2) Changing the mode of the filesystem from textmode to binmode.
Neither has had any effect.
Any Help is greatly appreciated
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple