linux->cygwin cross compiler

I am attempting to build a linux hosted cygwin targeted cross compiler (actually what I want is a linux hosted
i686-pc-pe targeted compiler).  When I try to build the minimalist compiler, I receive error messages about missing
windows headers.  I think that I need to use the winsup package.  Does this list agree?

Has anyone on this list had practice building this type of compiler.  My script is currently capable of building a
cygwin->powerpc, linux->powerpc compilers.