Re: kernel developpement

At 09:56 AM 6/27/2001, frederic dumoulin wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'd like to have more explainations on your product.
>
>Is it possible to compile a character device driver written for linux or
>unix?
>
>If it is impossible, can an executable compiled with your product
>communicate with a device driver written directly for windows (open,
>close, ioctl, mmap ... ) or should I rewrite both the driver and the
>application?

Cygwin does not provide a cross-platform development environment for
generic device drivers.  It is possible to access communication ports
pretty generically though.  That doesn't sound like it will be enough
for your needs but I may be wrong.  Perhaps you just want to try to
build your source under Cygwin and see where it flops or flies.  This
should provide you some concrete answers to your specific case.

Regards,