Re: cygwin-1.3.1-1 gcc/CPP0.exe error. Absolute mystery.

This is wrong.  DO NOT copy cygwin1.dll to your system directory.

It should exist where the installation puts it.  If you have a cygwin1.dll
in your system directory, it should be deleted.

cgf

cgf@cygnus.com                        Red Hat, Inc.
http://sources.redhat.com/            http://www.redhat.com/