Re: File timestamp not updated by writes with current snapshot?

>  Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:33:12 -0400
>  From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall@rfk.com>
>
>  Windows has trouble with times/date resolution.  In that respect, this is
>  known.  What DLL did you update from?  I see it with 1.3.2 and 1.1.8.

I updated from the current head, which I guess is 1.3.2+.

Now that you mention it, I just tried the test with 1.1.8, and you're
right, the particular test case I mentioned happens there too.

But what prompted me to send E-mail about this problem to the mailing
list isn't a test case which spans only one minute.  It was seeing a
file being regularly updated with new data (coming from a >> bash
redirection) for *over forty minutes* without its timestamp being
updated.  I could be wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen that with
1.1.8.

Or perhaps I'm just on drugs and this problem has been around for a
long long time :-).

Thanks,

  jik