RE: new to-do item

Nope. Wrong again.

Some terms -
the cygwin dll - a dll that exposes a subset of the common unix API
calls.
Cygwin-the-distribution - a compiler,linker,many utilities and the
cygwin dll

> But the ability to have one's code be able to make Win32 API
> calls isn't
> supported per se. It's simply one of the side effects. Is
> that correct?

Nope. They are orthogonal. You make win32 API calls by linking against a
win32 API exposing dll - say msvcrt.dll or kernel32.dll. That is how you
make those calls _WHETHER OR NOT_ you link against cygwin1.dll.

> Thus, as you have now sufficiently explained, my original
> request to include the
> ability to make a given Win32 API call was inappropriate for
> the Cygwin DLL TODO
> list. I understand that now.

It's inappropriate for the cygwin dll TODO because it's an orthogonal
issue. It's like reporting a bug with vim on the TODO.

It is _entirely_ appropriate to discuss the missing export for the
open-source w32api package :]

Rob