RE: CYGWIN1.DLL

The problem with relying on setup to fix that (e.g. suppressing any already
present cygwin1.dll on the system when installing cygwin) is only part of
the problem.

If I install a cygwin1.dll with my program, where should I install it?
obviously in some directory that is in the *standard* path for windows
programs, so probably in \WINNT\system32 (as /cygwin/bin is usually NOT in
the path for standard windows program).

So if I install my program AFTER cygwin, I got two cygwin1.dll and if I
install cygwin after my program I got only one, but my program probably no
longer run...

I think that's part of the dreadfull DLL-HELL syndrom :-)

Part of the problem will be avoided if setup installed cygwin1.dll in
/WINNT/system32, but this had probably been over-discussed already :-)

The only satisfying solution I've found personally is delivering a reduced
(ought to be minimal but is not) cygwin install with my program (on the same
CDROM).

HTH

	Bernard

Bernard Dautrevaux