Re: libiconv-1.7 on cygwin-1.3.2 problems

Gerri

> I wonder, why no libiconv.a is generated during building libiconv, are all
> the lib*.a coming with the .dll's (like libz.a) static versions of the libraries?

Because libiconv is an EXPERIMENTAL port of libiconv, using EXPERIMENTAL
versions of build tools.  It is NOT an official port.  I did NOT use the
same care that I ordinarily apply when OFFICIALLY porting a package.  It
was just a TEST!

I will NOT respond to this thread again.  And I'm tempted to remove the
damn thing from my website.

--Chuck